If you own a home or real estate in Pinehurst, Southern Pines or in any of the other towns in Moore County, sooner or later, you will need to take something to the dump. So when that day comes, you’ll have some information that every Moore County homeowner should know.
The Moore County Landfill is located at the end of Turning Leaf Way, which is off of Highway 5 between Sandpit Road and the Food Lion. It’s not too far from the Habitat for Humanity Store.
- The landfill is the only place in Moore County where you can legally dispose of old tires.
- The landfill accepts construction debris and old appliances.
- The landfill accepts yard debris.
- There is a charge for some things.
- The phone number is 295-4202. Call before you go to make sure that you know the hours and the rules that apply to what you want to throw away.
Here’s something that you may not know . . .
MULCH is FREE at the Moore County Landfill. It’s made from ground up yard debris that is picked up in Moore County neighborhoods by the various sanitation departments. If you don’t believe in recycling, just go and pick up a load of free mulch next time you are doing some landscaping around your house. You’ll be on the receiving end of a recycling process that can result in savings when it comes to maintaining your home.
Moore County Recycling Information
Going Green in Moore County
Moore County Information and Resources